Google Plus One Social Share WordPress Plugin From Techlunatic

The Google Plus One Social Share WordPress Plugin From Techlunatic

How have you guys been? Did you miss me? I missed you a lot !

I would love to thank the guest bloggers who kept the blog up with awesome content while I was away…

So What Was I Working At?

…a lot of things really, we had a site redesign for better navigation, set up a new niche sites and affiliate mini sites (More on that later). Currently I am excited ! No it is not the recent PageRank Update that landed me with a PR3, The reason-

The Google +1 Social Share WordPress Plugin

I have been working on this since some time now and though busy schedules kept me from finishing this one on time, I have finally finished coding the plugin and am pleased to present you a premium plugin that will let users place the recently launched Google +1 button, with a point and click interface without having to get their hands dirty with code.

Download google +1 Plugin

Features :

1)Seamlessly Integrate the Google +1 button on your blog

Best google +1 plugin for wordpress

Google Plus One Plugin For WordPress

This plugin would prove to be a boon for those who haev not put up the Google +1 button because they are afraid to get their hands dirty(or even otherwise, which I will explain at the end of this post) with code or maybe because such a simple solution was not available (YET). Just point and click and select how you want the button to appear the button to show on your blog and the plugin will take care of the rest! Lets see a run down of all the features in detail

2)Select Appearence

Lets you select how you want the button to look and function.

Google Plus One Plugin Appearence

Choose Google Plus Button Size and Location

1)Button Size : Lets You toggle between 4 button sizes

Change size of google plus one button

Toggle Google Plus One Button Sizes

2)Show Count : Toggle between a button with or without the count of the number of votes received

Change Button Count Of Google Plus One Button

Bubble With +1 Counts

3)Button Location

Select Location : Select where the button will appear on your blog

Choose where to place your google share button

Select The Desired Location For The Button

4)Floating Settings

1)Top Spacing

Alignment settings for google button

Alignment Settings For Button

2)Left Spacing

left spacing for button

Left Spacing Settings

5)Button Position

optimal placement for google plus button

1)Absolute : This would make the button float with the flow of the page as the user scrolls the page and I would recommend this setting because it will get more visibility and a possibly higher CTR resulting into more votes for your page.

2)Fixed : You can use this if you have a specific design element in mind where you want to display the button with the other social share buttons or plugins and this fits perfectly well with all of them.

6)SEO Options

Load Javascript In Footer

how to load javascript in footer

Get A Faster Loading Webpage

This is the reason I mention at the beginning of the post why even those who are good at code would still use this plugin instead of placing the button code manually.

Why I was Skeptical And How That Became The USP Of The Plugin

Two Reasons :

1)With the advent of so many social sharing sites and the fuzzy reputation of the Google Buzz feature for it’s sudden disappearing act, I was skeptical whether the google +1 feature would fade away like Google Buzz, but with the dashing start of Google Plus social network yesterday the +1 feature started gaining more traction every minute it was live and I was convinced – This Was It ! The Google +1 button is the next big thing and it will stay for good unlike it’s unlucky counterparts and it will impact social media marketing heavily and make a big chunk of every social media campaign and also directly influence SERPs.

2)My second concern being the technology geeks who could easily install the button code by pasting it in their theme’s template file besides doing it with code is always better than having an extra plugin installed right? – WRONG !

This plugin ironically pleases both – your blog and the search engines at the same time, unlike what many other plugins can do and definitely not what pasting the code manually could do. There is an option to load the javascript in the footer of the wordpress template. If you are not a WP developer let me explain it in simpler terms :

Loading the script in footer means that the button code gets called after the website gets loaded which speeds the load time of the site since the site content loads first and then the button code which is not the case with manual code (unless you took the pain to make a special function and hooked it to the footer manually). Website loading time being a very important metric in the search results and we all love faster loading sites anyway!

So using the plugin for the button instead of the code makes it work faster than actually pasting the button code manually, besides if you are an advanced user who wants to make use of this functionality while still tweaking the placement manually there is also a feature to place the button manually in your template by placing the short code wherever you want the button to be displayed.

<?php rp_gpo_share(); ?>

So if you are a blogger who wants a plugin that works crisp, fast loading site and awesome social media promotions with the Google +1 wave, look no further, this is exactly what you need!

google +1 download button style

About Rohan

Rohan Pawale is a professional internet marketer by day and an ace programmer by night and runs the show around here and an array of his client's business sites that he manages. (Damn! writing an introduction of yourself in the third person feels so corny, isn't it?)

Comments

1. Missy says:

Thanks for creating this cool plugin, Rohan. Will give it a try, since I have yet to install the Google+1 button on any of my sites.

Cheers,
    Missy

2. I already use AddThis WordPress plug-in to display the +1 button as well but at the moment, it’s quite small. I’m still considering whether I should put a bigger button or let my Facebook like be the star, still

• Rohan says:

You can add a bigger button using my plugin anytime and switch to whichever size you want with just a point and click interface…
      Even I was skeptical about putting the Google +1 button on my site in the first place, but the way I saw people shifted their boats from facebook to Google Plus the day it was launched (majority being bloggers) and saw the tiny Google+1 button there, I was convinced that this was it!

3. Kunal says:

Hey Rohan,That looks great.. :)

4. oh well done for developing this plug in Rohan.
    I shall get round to adding it to my site very soon.

5. Kadir says:

Thanks for sharing!!! I love this plug-in like anything to instal the same in my blog.

6. Suraj says:

+1 and Google+ are becoming as valuable as FB like. Nice plugin crisp and fast! Installed on all my blogs!

7. Gouri says:

Thanks for this awesome plugin Rohan, just voted for it.

8. John says:

Any way to do a redirect with this plugin like this: plusoneprofits.com

I didn’t want to pay $37

• Rohan says:

You mean a bribe script, yes that can be done. I am actually working on it and it will be available in the future versions of this plugin. Currently waiting for response from the plugin. If the donations from the current version are upto the mark then I will be able to offer the bribe feature for free if not then I will release a premium paid version. The pricing and support depends on how well this version does as far as plugin donations are concerned but the feature is going to be addded for sure :)

9. Already installed on my blog! Thank Rohan! It does work!
    Already vote on WP.org
    Already Like it with Facebook!
    Already 1+ it !!

10. John says:

Thanks! I may download and play with it…don’t have a problem donating, but I need the redirect yesterday ; )

Thanks for your work!

• Rohan says:

Yesterday? You mean tomorrow? :)
      Btw you can click on the “REPLY” tab below each comment so that your reply gets added below it, it becomes easy for the readers to keep track of the conversation that way….

11. already installed and up and running ..coool!

• Rohan says:

Just checked it at your site :) Looks cool……

Got your tweet about the alignment, you can change it to pixel point perfection from the plugin’s option panel. You can further also add the button wherever you want using the manual feature, be it below or above the comment form or the sites footer.

• Hey Rohan. Great Job on the plugin. Have it up and going like a breeze on my blog. 2 Quick Questions:
        1. ON Mashable.com I see they have the google plus button setup on their sidebar so you can Plus 1 the entire site and share it that way. Is there a way to manually do this with your plugin. I tried using the above code you mentioned, and installed it into the HTML Javascript Adder widget to no avail. It would not come out. Some help perhaps on how to exactly go about doing this would be greatly appreciated.

2. This question is somewhat related to the first one. How would I go about adding the plus one button to other places on my blog manually? I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to coding so some help in that regard would be appreciated. I’ve built my blog from scratch and so still get stuck here and there every now and then. Thanks again for the plugin. =)

12. joe says:

How do you position the icon at the bottom of each post? I have installed the script but doesn’t see any options to change position.

13. Iranian CRACK download center says:

thanks Rohan
    your plugin is great. i wanna use it. but how can i change “plus one” language in this plugin??
    my lang is Persian and in default code it must be like this :

{lang: ‘fa’}

I wish u add a language selection in your plugin

• Rohan says:

Yes language support can be added but that will make the plugin heavy and the USP of the plugin is to keep light weight and fast….

The easy way to get along this is install a browser plugin for translation pack because the setting needs to be changed only once while installing the plugin.

14. Iranian CRACK download center says:

Thanks, you are right. i use it anyway :)
    sorry for this question but, Rohan, what is this “I am not a spammer” in comment form?
    it looks simple & useful, i think it’s better than captcha. is this an addon?

• Rohan says:

Thanks for the appreciation :)

The checkbox in the comment form is a anti spam plugin (GASP :Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin). It is better than captcha and it is way better than Akismet.

15. Kiz says:

Thanks for making this cool plugin but can your update it to work with the new wordpress 3.2 = )

• Rohan says:

Thanks for the heads up and appreciation, I already updated the version to work with 3.2!

The new version is nifty and fast :) I had installed the new version of plugin on my local installation of 3.2 to check for compatibility issues and speed testing. Uploaded it to the repository just 5 minutes back, it is reflecting the changes on the official wordpress page now!

16. Noreen says:

Is there a way to just have it in the sidebar so that the entire site is googleplussed? < sorry, didn't know quite how to word it! Thanks

17. Cristovao says:

Your plugin is simple and precise, exactly what I look
    for in plugins in general. Thank you very much for this.
    I have one question though: I would like to align the button
    on the top right next to the sharedaddy buttons.
    Could you perhaps help me with that? Thanks again!

• Cristovao says:

found it -but it might not be the best solution
      so if you have any other suggestion, please do…
      I modified in gp_dipsplay.php under
      #bottomcontainerbox .buttons the following:
      float: right;
      margin: -38px -29px 4px 4px;

Use the shortcode
      < ?php rp_gpo_share(); ?> in your template file (in your case the single.php file) then go to your templates CSS, create a separate class for the shortcode with center align attributes and you are good to go!

18. thnx buddy..will surely use this on my blog…

19. Great plugin. I entered Google code manually at first before I found this plugin, but now use the plugin instead. The shortcode works a treat!! I use it on my Blog.

Many Thanks
    Daniel D’Laine

20. mmln says:

Works great, but found one small bug.
    When I used floating left side option it is showing the ‘count’ also even though I didn’t set the ‘show count’ option. For other settings top, bottom etc count works as setup, only problem is with ‘floating left side’ where it is showing always the count.

21. Dan says:

Hi.
    Love the plug in. Looks great on the wordpress previews and works like a charm when testing. But when I publish, my blog posts, it is suddenly missing? Any thoughts on why it works so well before I publish, and then goes MIA? I really want to get it up and running, because it worked so well. Thanks. Looking forward to fixing this little goober and giving a great rating….!! :)

• Rohan says:

Not showing up with published posts is like not showing up at all…
      Not sure how it is not working for you, I have never encountered such an issue. When you say that it shows up before publishing, what to you imply by ‘before publishing’ ? are you testing it in post preview or a local WP installation ?

• Dan says:

The button shows up as I am writing a WP post and check it with the “preview” button before publishing. Directly thru my edit/dashboard. Looks great in preview but is gone as soon as I hit publish. I even tried every option (top/bottom/float…etc). The button always showed up perfectly until publishing. Using Omniblock theme if that makes any difference. Thanks! Still been recommending it to others tho…I’m sure this is just a glitch I’m missing.

• Rohan says:

It has got something to do with the theme, because I have cross tested it on the most basic theme (twenty ten) to some of the most complex frameworks like Thesis and Genesis and it is working very well. Thanks for mentioning your theme, I will install it on my local wordpress installation and check what the issue is..

22. Hi Rohan,

I came upon your article as I was searching how to add a google+ icon to my site. I have uploaded it t my site, and it shows up in my list of active plug-ins, but see no way to access all the steps shown ij your article above. At the risk of sounding stupid, what am I missing here? I am using the latest version of WordPress, 3.21 Help! Thank you.

• Rohan says:

Once you have installed the plugin you will see a Google +1 option in your dashboard under the ‘settings’ tab. You will find all the setup options there.

23. Ok, I figured out accessing the instructions and followed them. When I view my most recent post from the edit/dashboard side it is fine. But when I navigate away from my home page where my posts are and navigate back, from the front end, it has disappeared. And if I access my site from the front end via a link I keep on my desktop, it is not there. Also when I plus oned the post it did not migrate over to my Google+ account. I am stumped.

• Rohan says:

I am myself stumped with your query! there are a few things that I didn’t get like when you say a link placed on your desktop, do you mean a local installation of your site?

24. Adam James says:

This plugins looking very cool, a nice amount of features, but not overloaded with stuff that isn’t needed.

25. this is what i am looking for, I using shared and follow plugin right now but it has no Google+1 option.

Excellent work!

26. Rohan, I sent you this as an email but I am not sure if you received. Trying to give a better description and clarify my problem in hopes that you can help me resolve it:

Go here: http://www.socialmediawiz.biz. When you do, you will not see the icon under any of my blog posts. However, when accessed by a link created to an individual blog post, such as this one, http://socialmediawiz.biz/google-game-changer/ the icon is there. See what I mean? Shouldn’t it be beneath each post regardless how one accesses the site?

Thanks for your help!

• Rohan says:

Yup I received and read your email while I was traveling and couldn’t find it later on when I was on my desk to reply to it due to the large bulk of other emails received.

Now I realized what you need the plugin to do. What you want to do is to show the G+ button on post excerpts on your homepage. For that to happen you will need to add the shortcode

< ?phprp _ gpo _ share();?>

In your WordPress template in the right place where your post excerpt code is present so it will show up under each post like you want.

27. Chris Nicholaidis says:

Great plugin in concept but missing one key feature…add the button to a PAGE rather than a post!!!! COme on mate…how did you overlook this? I have static frontpages on all of my sites for SEO, kind of crucial you add the page functionality.

Cheers for the hard woork bud.

28. shasoosh says:

Hello, i keep getting the Red ! when i click the + button. Any idea why?

• Rohan says:

Getting the red indicates that either you are not logged in to your G+ profile or you are offline, basically the red will show up if there is some problem in connecting to your G+ profile!

• shasoosh says:

I’m connected to my profile…I just checked with another theme and it works so the problem is in my theme…. No idea why though, Any chance you can guide me to what i need to check in my theme?

29. K A D C says:

thanks for your pluggins, i want to add google +1 to get google backlink

30. Paul says:

This plugin can break some sites if used manually. Installed the plugin, chose “manual” and inserted the php code in my template… it caused posts to cut off the content.

• Rohan says:

When you say ‘some sites’, how many sites have you tested it on? Let me know which themes it is not working with, I will test it and let you know.

31. Hey thanks for sharing i was searching for the Google + wordpress plugin everywhere and finally find it here great stuff your blog is bookmarked and share

32. Zoheb says:

Great plugin Rohan! Is there a way I can also add a facebook like box counter and a twitter share counter to this>

33. Samantha says:

Hi Rohan,

I just installed your plugin (Add Google Plus one Social Share Button) via the plugin editor through WordPress on my site, and I have no ability to edit the appearance, location, etc. All I’m able to do is deactivate and edit (the hard code).

I’m not sure if I’m just running into a special problem, or if this is a known bug :)

34. Nishant Ratnakar says:

Hi Rohan,
    Thanks for this plugin. Really light. I just installed it today.
    I have positioned this +1button to the bottom of the posts where my twitter and facebook share buttons are set up too.
    I have a question… The facebook and twitter share buttons are aligned to bottom right corner of my posts. The +1 buttons sits to left… Is there anyway I can get it to bottom right, so that it sits alongside other share buttons?

many thanks,
    Nishant

35. Bret says:

I wonder if it also has a dislike feature which is frequently abused for example on YouTube. I understand that any rating counts for more than no rating but rating with the intention to do harm rather than good to someone is pathetic.

We will try to get as much as +1 we can because we know the benefit of it with seo prespective (and soon we will see many people started to sell +1 as well) but a normal user do not know about it and where facebook like button is one step ahead from it.

36. Yut says:

Hi,Rohan Thanks for share Social Share WordPress Plugin.

37. J says:

where can one get the original code? been looking for the developers section but can’t find one.

38. Barry says:

I am curious on using google plus plug-in since I am very new with google plus. But I have tried facebook likes plug-in, which I have not observed if it is effective for me. Thanks for sharing the wonderful features of google plus one wordpress plugin.

39. Rob says:

Thanks for this nice, clean plugin. I would like to use it on some pages, but not all, and can’t figure out how to do this.

40. Rafiqul Hossain says:

Thanks Rohan, just now I add my blog +1 button to use your plug in. many may thanks.

41. Romona says:

I tried installing this plugin on my WP site. however, it didn’t work….that is, the counter.

I think my WP theme automatically added the google plus button without the counter…which I really need.

Can you advise. Thank you.

• Rohan says:

Please read the documentation. Everything about the plugin, from the button type, count placement can be configured from the plugin’s setting page.

42. How awesome plugin it is? I really love and use it…. Thank you Rohan

43. Amber says:

Disregard my first post. Not sure what happened but after switching positioning options and re-saving a few times it started working. I did notice though, that the top/bottom/both as well as the code for manual insertion (in the gp_display.php) share an output of while this does work for top or bottom, having it apply to “both” wouldn’t be correct as it’s inserting the same ID twice into a page (i believe this also occurs for the manual insertion code as well, which if you insert manually more than once would also be incorrect).

Also still playing around with the positioning options and re-saving, when setting manual, the post content now does not display (I think I saw this posted prior as an issue). It didn’t occur the first few times “manual” was selected and changed but now it is. When manual was working, it was creating large white space gaps between content (I think it’s a CSS issue).

What would the suggestion be for getting the manual option to work correctly again?

44. Rohan says:

I think the issue is the caching plugin you may be using, because it may be generating cached version of the output, refresh the cache and check any changes. About the white space, I think it may be an issue of your wordpress template CSS file. There seemed to be a small issue with the ID thing which I have corrected in the paid version of the plugin. It was generating the same ID when placed at two places at the same time…

Planning to make the update here soon, fiddling with time issues unfortunately…